Monday 5 March 2012

Lovely visit

Day 2 of transplant and the best way I can describe the way I feel is it's like I've got a perpetual bad hangover. Symptoms are:
  • feeling on the verge of being sick but never quite getting there
  • a bit tired and if I gave in I would just watch comedy DVDs back to back
  • any moving around leaves me short of breath and wanting a little sit down
Eating is a challenge, but then I remember if I had a hangover and decided to do a bacon sanger, when it was cooked I'd think 'I can't eat that' but I would and then I'd feel worse for about 15 minutes, then ultimately better. This is exactly the same, every meal is like a battle to be won and it is the one time I'm glad I was brought up in a 'finish everything on your plate' household, so I'm used to eating to get it eaten. And crying over broccoli. Once I've eaten (and taken anti sickness tablets) I then feel ok for a bit, but the next meal is just the same...it is an odd feeling.

Just had a visit from the two girlies and Jo and Buff, very nice if not a little short - although there is a time limit with the kids when in a restaurant seating area and you've decided not to strap them down. And I think I gave in and put money in the Postman Pat ride too early and so created all sorts of problems for us. But it was lovely to see them before I start this 2 weeks of down turn and recovery. Got a couple of days to fill now without visitors, hello Sopranos.

No comments:

Post a Comment