Tuesday 20 March 2012

Home

Arrived home yesterday afternoon about 2pm following a rather less than ideal pick up involving the car breaking down temporarily outside the hospital. Once we had the engine started we didn't dare turn it off again, so I ended up charging back in to the ward to get medications while the car was kept running outside. Sat in the back with the girls all the way home and have been loving their company ever since. Missed them all so much it is great to be back.

Thought it might feel a bit odd at first and take a while for them to get used to me being around, but within about half an hour it was like I'd never gone away. And today I've even been telling them off - honeymoon's over kiddies.

So nice to be in my own bed, eating good food. But they were right at the hospital, it is really tiring being at home. More than I imagined it would be. Three hours in the company of my two and I was ready for bed! In hospital I was having a nap after lunch! No chance of that anymore.

I was repeatedly told yesterday that I had done incredibly well while in hospital, and that the fact that my bloods were improving so quickly was the main reason I was allowed to leave in just over two weeks. Which is really good. Less good is the fact that right at the beginning of all this the nurse said that a lot of people get home, think they've got away without losing hair and it all falls out at home. Obviously mine started to fall out a few days ago, but my word droppage has accelerated the very day I get back! So it is still going, eyebrows still in place though. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment