Sunday 16 September 2012

The Answer

Well thank you to all the people who suggested ways around my conundrum. Answers varied from alternating mouthfuls, tad disgusting, to just eating the cereal and binning the toast, which I'm sorry but that just isn't an option: I have to eat everything. Congratulations go to Jack who got it on his second attempt: get the milk brought separately then you are free to eat your toast without disastrous cereal sogging in the meantime. You got to step outside the box people, that's why he is a doctor.

I've been put on a water limit as I was once again drinking too much, causing me to have consistently low sodium levels in my blood, so I am not allowed to drink more than 2.5 litres in a day. It is so hard, I have them telling me to keep drinking to keep my kidneys flushed as the drugs I'm on are quite harsh on that particular organ, but then I can't drink as much as they say as it lowers sodium levels. I'm not sure what they'll do when I get to 2.5 litres, refuse to give me any more water?

My temperature has stayed below 38 since Thursday night, but the antibiotic I was put on when my temperature went up before (a general antibiotic that you get automatically after a spike called Meropenum) stopped this morning and they stopped this before on Thursday morning after my initial spike...and Thursday night, well, I refer to the beginning of this paragraph. So I am a little nervous right now.

Felt really tired this morning and really struggled to get going, partly to do with a bad night's sleep and partly because I was found to need a blood transfusion. I had this early this morning and I felt loads better pretty soon after. I was able to really enjoy my visits from Jo this morning and Neil this afternoon. Thanks go out to Buff for once again doing my washing. Plus thanks to Neil for burning me the alt-J album 'An Awesome Wave' which I have to say wouldn't normally be my thing but it is brilliant, very different. Along with The Heavy's album 'The Glorious Dead' which I invested in the other day my need for new music this month has been suitably satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment