Friday 13 July 2012

What a dull day

What an incredibly dull day. I don't even know if there is any point in writing this. I didn't even come out in a rash today, which is what has happened for the past couple of days after receiving Campath (which I have to correct again is NOT a chemo drug it is a 'monoclonal antibody', a biological therapy used to fight cancerous lymphocyte cells but in my case used to get rid of lymphocyte cells and thus disable my immune system). No side effects at all, so I just sat here watching DVDs and reading I, Partridge (thank you M&B that was a good pres).

The problem is is that I am tied to a drip for at least 5 hours, so even though I'm feeling ok I have no choice but to stay in my room for much of the day. I was so bored I even tried to find out if Tunnock's claim to make and sell 5 million Milk Chocolate Coated Caramel Wafer Biscuit bars every week was true. That is what it says on the wrapper, I mean 5 MILLION, EVERY WEEK, that's ridiculous. Although I have to admit having had one today they are really nice. But 5 million?

After 30 minutes on Google I could find nothing to disprove this mad claim. But I did find that all the Tunnock's confectionery is still made in one factory in Scotland, and the factory makes all the wafers, caramel, marshmallow and the especially sweet chocolate. 550 employees. That's it. To make 5 MILLION wafer bars (plus all the rest of the stuff they churn out like teacakes and those horrible coconut marshmallow things), I don't buy it, but what can I do without hard evidence? I did find a rather amusing eating challenge blog related to Tunnock's wafer bars here.

Went for a nice long walk round the park after being disconnected. Had my tea: cheesy cauliflower and broccoli pasta with a corned beef sandwich and soup. Jo told me I should say that the reason my tea's are a bit odd is that they serve main meals at lunch (today was fish and chip Friday), tea is supposed to be a small portion of something such as pasta, and only greedy people need to bulk it out with a sandwich. This is true, but I don't think this should stop me ordering bizarre combinations and documenting them for my own entertainment. You never know some might work.

NB: cheesy pasta and corned beef sandwich isn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment